CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Message Remix Pause

Last year in January, a friend of mine recommended this daily Bible reading to me. I have to say, it intimidated me. I am ashamed to say that I had never read the entire Bible, EVER, in my life!..until now. And I don't say that to brag. I say that because YOU can do it too! This Bible is written in today's language, and Eugene Peterson divides the readings up so you are reading an Old-Testament reading, and a New Testament reading, daily. He writes it in an order so that it reads like a story.
I have been blown away by it. As the scriptures say, "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. " Hebrews 4:12.
I can honestly say, I have been pierced, just like it says! I cannot recommend this enough. If I can do this, you can too.

2 comments:

Bethany Edgeworth said...

Thanks girl! I have been wondering and trying to decide what direction to go this year and I think I will get this today. I love the message translation, so I am sure this will not disappoint. Miss you lots!

hab3140 said...

I am so glad I suggested it, now maybe I can finish it...why am I so bad at starting and not finishing things??
H