CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

On God's Team

Today, as I was driving E and M to school, I turned the radio up and a song by Taylor Swift came on. Let me preface and say, I love listening to her. It's fun music, and my kids like it too. But there's one song I hadn't considered in it's appropriateness. And it came on today. It's the one that says, "I hate that stupid ole pick-up truck you never let me drive..." Did you catch it? The S word. The one word my kids say is a VERY BAD WORD. Don't EVER say that word.
So the chorus begins. And I'm truckin along, humming along. And here my conversation with E:

E: "oooooooh, she said the S word!"
Me: "yeah, she sure did." I am ashamed to say I DID NOT change the station. Mistake, mistake mistake. I know.
E: "Mom, are you on God's team?"
Me: "Uhhh...yeah, E, I'm on God's team, sure!"
E: "Well, if you're on God's team, why haven't you changed the station?"
Me: "Oh, sorry, E, I'm changing it now! That was so wrong of me. I'm so sorry!"
E: "That's okay, but Mom, remember, God's team, right? Say it with me...are you on God's team?!
Me:"Yeah!"
E: "God's team!"
Me: "Yeah!"

At this point, I'm considering rededicating my life, getting re-baptized, and surrendering to foreign missions.
But I don't. I just consider myself waaaay blessed to know that just as God speaks to me and teaches me things daily, He does the same for my child! And THIS time, He spoke to ME through my precious daughter.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

OUCH! Thanks for breaking it down for me! I do love Taylor Swift! Have you heard "The Best Day?" Drew will melt....in a good way.

Heather said...

Love it, Jennifer. E's so smart!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!How precious is that. jl