CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

GOOD FRIDAY: THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST


Growing up Baptist, I never gave much thought to the days and weeks leading up to Easter. But as I've gotten older, it's gotten so important to me. And to the Baptist church's credit, it has for them too. I know several Baptist churches who have started having Maundy Thursday services, Good Friday services, etc. etc. It's a great thing. Because in all of the flowery, pastel-y, sugary, vivaciousness of Easter Sunday (which I DEARLY love), we forget to grieve for the horror that Jesus experienced when he died for us. FOR US. For me. For you. For man. So my church is showing The Passion of the Christ at the Tupelo Civic auditorium on Friday night. To remind us... To remind ME... Of what He did... What God sacrificed. So if you're free at 7:00 (or 6:15, if you want to hear some awesome music!) come on over to grieve, to remind yourself of what so amazingly happened. Then go to our church/your church/ANY church on Easter Sunday and celebrate His resurrection, and give God all of the glory!

1 comments:

Carley said...

we didn't make it! hope it went well. happy easter!!!!!!!!!!!