CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Theatre camp, sleepovers, and friends

O got to do theatre camp this week. She really seemed to enjoy it, and I was impressed with the program. Everyone got to do a part, and they got to dance, sing and act. We watched the show last night and it was precious! My girl can "shake her groove thang" when she dances. So cute. O also had her first attempt at spending the night at a friend's house last week. I had a feeling we'd get a late night phone call, and we did! She came home at 9:30pm. I hate that she feels homesick, but is it okay for me to admit that I kind of liked that she missed me? She's just growing up so fast, and slipping through my fingers, I don't mind that she likes to be home right now. That will change soon enough. My little E..she got to spend the night at Nana's house. That's the equivalent of spending the night in, like, Disney, or Candyland or something. Nana loves to take the girls shopping when she can, and E is the best shopper we've got. She loved getting to pick out a new outfit (does it really, really match?) and some Walmart goodies. As much as I hate getting the little junkie toys home, I love that it's special time spent between them. Mimi also took E, O and cousin M to see the new Kit movie and Chuck E. Cheese and they had a really special time with her. It's been a very busy week for all of us.
So...you'd think I'd just plan for a relaxing weekend...not so much. We loaded the girls up after the program last night, and began our way out of town. Little M was screaming, and E got in trouble and started crying and we thought she had the croup...after a panicked call to my friend Sue, I deduced it wasn't the croup. We then had to turn around and go back for the packnplay, and arrived in Oxford around 10pm. You'd think they'd sleep late, right? Oh, my friends, not my girls. M was up at 5am this morning. Complete torture. So, she also got no nap today, and wouldn't go to bed for the babysitter tonight. She is one hot mess right now. I'm praying for a miracle morning tomorrow, where she catches up on all her lost sleep!
As a side note-we had plans to meet some new friends for dinner tonight. We came so close to canceling b/c we were all so exhausted. However, we pushed on through b/c it's so hard to find a time to get together with people lately. I must say, the night is over and we are so content. A year ago in Bham, we were so worried we wouldn't find friends like ours in Bham. Well, there is noone like our best friends in Bham, but I've learned in the last year that if we are willing to stretch ourselves, and step out of our familiar environments, that God will always provide new people to be a community to us. It just takes making an effort. I feel so blessed to have new friends along with us for this new season of our lives.

0 comments: