CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day and my husband, the champion DAD




I always get teary-eyed for Father's Day. I'm not sure why, I don't get that way on Mother's day. It never fails, every church service just gets me...I get a lump in my throat, I look at my sweet husband and what a terrific Daddy he is to 3 girls, and I get choked up. Yesterday we got up and drove over to Amory for church with my Mom and Dad. After lunch and gift-giving, we headed back to Tupelo and prepared for dinner for Drew's parents. The girls were waaaay hyper all day long, because their Daddy just finished building this massive, incredible playhouse/swingset for them. I mean, it is REALLLY nice. O thinks Drew should change jobs and become a builder. She says he deserves an award for what he did. I agree! E says, "it's just what i always wanted!" (complete with dramatic facial expressions and hand motions). M is just bound and determined to climb all over it with the big girls. Is a 15 month old really supposed to be able to climb a rock-wall? I think we may have our future athlete in the family, Drew. Of course, at the end of the night, M had fallen off of the playset, O was continually getting overexcited and being too physical around her sisters,(I quote E, "She could have killed me!") and E was just plain GONE. I mean, she screamed for almost an hour last night. It's been a long time since she's done that, and Drew and I still can't believe it happened. Kids are exhausting. So, I'll post some pics soon of our last couple of weeks of adventure. I'm looking forward to a nothing sort of week, where we have little to no obligation.

0 comments: