CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Who's really in control?

I ask this question, knowing full well the answer. But I tend to fool myself into thinking I'm in control some of the time, when, I absolutely am NOT in control. However, it always takes a tragedy to bring it closer every now and then.
One of my best friends from high school's dad died on Monday after a motorcycle accident. He was in his early 50's, and very strong, and active. The suddenness of it all is just shocking, especially to his family. It's like, we just truck along in our lives, just taking for granted all of the little moments, and then, BOOM, we lose everything. I'm sure many people will say that God did that to my friend's father, or that it was unfair, but this is what I know. God loves us with a passion that is inconprehensible to us, and in the painful, gut-wrenching tragedies of our lives, He loves us even more, and has GREAT compassion on us. This world is broken, broken, broken, and He so grieves that is so. He yearns to make things right, and the joy is, He will! One day there will be no tears, no death, no sorrow!
But for now, we deal with the brokenness. And it hurts.
You know how a child just says it best? Here's a "funny" from E. She's at my sister's house tonight, and watching Evan Almighty. All of the kids start discussing the movie character of God (played by Morgan Freeman, who, by the way, I enjoy watching) and asking if it's really God. Well, here is a quote from my little precious uninhibited E: "God was just speaking to me, and He said that's not really Him, and His beard is longer than that, and He's telling me He loves me very much."
Oh, that we would all have the confidence to know how much He loves us.

0 comments: