CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Haircuts and kitty cats






I am certifiably an idiot. I got it in my head that I wanted to "trim" M's hair, as she seemed to be growing in a little blonde mullet. So, I searched for my tiny sewing scissors that I used to cut the other girls hair when they were little with, and I couldn't find them. So...I got my shears. M wouldn't be still, but I started "trimming." I guess angling shears doesn't do much for a haircut. The poor girl had a "weight line" across the back of her head. (will post pics). I tried to clean it up, but made it worse. I rushed her to the beauty shop, and a girl fixed it for me, but it's still mighty short. It looks pretty pitiful, in actuality. I just have to laugh at it or I will cry! She looks like Peter Pan.
We also got a new kitten today! My brother found it in the back yard, and we volunteered to take it. I used to not be a cat person, but in the last few years i've encountered a few cool cats, and I thought an outdoor cat lounging on my back porch would be pretty peaceful. Something about sitting on a porch stroking a cat's back is calming. We could use calming around here! The girls are ecstatic. M is the funniest...she just follows it around and makes cooing noises to it. Precious.

1 comments:

Nana said...

Love my sweet baby's new look!It fits her to a "T".That was a good "mess-up"! Haven't had the pleasure to meet Bell,but will be looking foward to it on Thur.Will be looking foward to new pictures of Fancy Nancy! It was fun to help and see them getting dressed-Drew too!Love,Nana