CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Good manners and visitors

This week, instead of sending O to camp at the Country Club where she would swim, play tennis, learn golf, play games,etc, etc, I, for some reason, chose to send her to "Junior Cotillion Camp." I know, sounds harsh, doesn't it? I just didn't know if she would be able to make it all day long at the other camp, and, selfishly, I didn't know what to do with E while she was gone all day.(it wasn't offered for her age) So, this "manners" camp is just for an hour and a half, and E goes to the class offered earlier in the day. I figured, hey, it definitely can't hurt! Although I feel like I've drilled manners into them from day 1, I think my voice just comes across in that Charlie Brown teacher voice to them, you know, Waaah, waaah, wah, wwaaah, waaah. They do not hear me lecture anymore. I am totally blocked out. Anyway, the girls seem to be having fun, and learning, but not yet applying. I am looking forward to some application. Drew and I visit class on Thursday, so I'll post on how it goes.

We also had a fun visit today from Nana, Papa and cousin Hannah. Nana got a fancy new car (looooong past due) and they all wanted to see our new kitty, Belle, and get H on the new playset. They all had a ball, H didn't want to leave, O and E didn't want her to leave, and Nana and Papa sufficiently took up my whole afternoon so I didn't have to clean my house. These pictures show all too well the shape my playroom was(still is!) in. Papa, you are not afraid to get beat up by some grandaughters. What were you, E's horse? giddyup.

0 comments: