CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy 34th to Me!!

Well, what do you know, if it's my birthday, noone's going to make sure to take pictures so I can post MYSELF on my blog. Typical. So..no pictures, but a recap of the day.
Drew and I have tried, since the girls were born, to make a really big deal of birthdays. We have certain traditions we've tried to keep. For instance, whoever's birthday it is, gets to choose their very own breakfast. So far, the girl's choice EVERY year is chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream, and 7-up floats. Crazy sweet, I know, but they usually eat every bit of it. So, when it's one of mine or Drew's birthdays, the girls have learned to hype it up. I love it. I felt like such a kid when I woke up Saturday morning, and the girls were taking my breakfast order and screaming, "Happy Birthday!" All day long, they kept saying, "It's your birthday, Momma, you can do/have/say whatever you want." Wow. What power. Can I pretend it's my birthday every day? That night, we all went to the local Japanese steakhouse that has the hibachi grill. My mom and dad joined us. It took awhile to be seated, but once we got seated, it was worth it. The girls loved the chef (except M does NOT like the fire!). My dad also branched out. (proud of you Dad) He ordered some sushi! Oh, Dad, you are so "metro!" My mom branched out, also, and tried the stuff! I don't think she was impressed. Luckily, Drew and I got to eat the leftovers of that! So, thanks to all for the birthday wishes, and thanks to my family for making me feel special! Happy birthday to me!!!!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your family treated you like a Queen!

Carley said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I am glad you were born:)

hab3140 said...

I can't believe Oliver is dead. I am so glad I got to meet him!!! What a short life. I am so sorry I didn't call you on your birthday my friend. At least I mentioned it last week when I was there. You are awesome!!
Love,
H

hab3140 said...

I can't believe Oliver is dead. I am so glad I got to meet him!!! What a short life. I am so sorry I didn't call you on your birthday my friend. At least I mentioned it last week when I was there. You are awesome!!
Love,
H

hab3140 said...

Why did my comment come up twice??? That is so my luck!!

Heather said...

Glad you had a great birthday, Jennifer!!

Leigh Ann said...

Happy late birthday! It sounds like you had a great one.

Jackamo said...

Happy birthday! I am glad to hear you were treated like a queen. We miss you!! Come visit us sometime. I am so sad to hear about Oliver. Love the sweet 3 for me. BTW, I cut E's curls off last night. Many, MANY tears were shed. I'll send pics soon.