CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 1, 2008

She's well, alright

Well, O's minor surgery was a success. The wound looks nice and neat, and swelling is minimal. Her waking up from the anesthesia was pretty rough. She was just like a little helpless baby, it broke my heart. After an hour, though, she was fully alert, and starving! No matter how minor the injury, it's never easy to watch your child suffer. However...O is feeling mighty fine today. In fact, she's feeling so fine, she's sitting in time-out right now for being mean to her sisters. Sigh....back to the life of 3 sisters fighting. I'm praying that scripture for O, you know the one, Romans 5:3-5, "we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." I'm mostly praying the "suffering=endurance=CHARACTER...." for her, that she would remember what it is to hurt, and be compassionate to others.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

My mom used to quote that scripture to me all the time growing up when kids were mean to me at school, etc. and I still use it today when I am going thru a tough time. So, know that if you teach O that concept, it will stay with her even into her own motherhood.

Glad she's ok!

Jackamo said...

Poor girl! I am glad it went well, and I can't imagine her smile being even MORE beautiful. Give her hugs from all of us. Give and M hugs too...they may need them more.