CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Ole Miss Game 2008

One of the obvious bonuses of moving back to Mississippi has been that we get to be true Ole Miss Rebels again. When I talked to a friend in Bham last night, and listened to her brag on and on about Alabama football, it made me so dang thankful I don't have to listen to all that mess anymore. (Sorry friends, but it's the truth! Love ya!) I prefer to root for my Rebels, be they good or be they bad. And they be bad much of the time!! This year, though, we've got high hopes in our new coach, and we're pretty fired up after seeing the game this past weekend.
It was a fantastic weekend. Friday night, my mom and dad had a block party with my aunt and uncle and some friends in Oxford, and we and all of the kids had a blast. Oh...and also....wanna know how to rate a party? It's REALLY good when the cops show up. Twice. (probably the first time my parents have had that happen at a party!!) Good times.
The older girls went to Nana's and Papa's on Saturday, and M stayed with Drew and I and went to the game. That girl is adaptable! She lasted almost the entire game! We've also got her singing "Dixie with Love." She tears up everytime she hears it, just like Mimi and PopPop.

Some of the cousins on Mimi's front porch swing.

Our own personal "Zaps" picture. Notice the red solo cup in Rodney's hand. Classic.

My two little rebels.

"look away, look away, look awaaay, Dixieland..." (Watching/listening to the band in the Grove)

Checking out the stadium before it fills up.
Enjoying a lemon ice. She was the hit of the game!
Dad and I cheering on the Rebels!

1 comments:

Blake said...

Did yall get season tickets? Sorry we couldn't make it to the house that night. I already had a commitment to video a high school game that night. Let me know if yall plan to be back over here any Friday nights. Would love for the fams to get together.