CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Psalm 23

Thur, Sept 18 @ - 11:30pm

Psalm 23 A psalm of David.  
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,  3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

This passage was read by a young boy at the last orphanage today during their presentation to us. Do not be in want? Lie down? He restores me? Do not fear? My cup overflows? When we you think where he has been and where he is going it must be difficult for Him to consider this Psalm from David.
Today was a fast day and almost a blur. We visited three orphanages today. We were also given a tour of Alexander's church and medical mission building. All eight orphanages we visited were each a bit different. The kids today were calmer. Highlight of the day came from our last stop when the kids performed for us. This included singing, dancing, and even a bit of gymnastics. It was a good day to finish up the time. We had a good group time tonight. A lot was on everyone's heart tonight. We all got here on different journeys and had to overcome different challenges. But in the end we all made here to the same place, all eight of us. I will try to process and then post some of my thoughts tomorrow on the way home. Please pray for our safe travel tomorrow. We leave out for Kiev tomorrow morning. We will spend the night in Kiev and then fly out early Sat morning. I think we are set to arrive in Memphis at around 4:30pm.

- Drew

1 comments:

Jackamo said...

We're rejoicing in the way God continues to expand your Kingdom vision and your desire for justice and mercy! We'll be praying for you and your group - for a safe journey home and successful "processing."