CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Chili Fest and the virus that never ends.

This morning, O's choir from her school sang at Celebration Village.(A Christmas fair type-thing.) I'm hoping Mimi will send me pics of her so I can post those, because she was so cute, of course, singing. The grin on her face was priceless, especially when they got to sing "Soarin" from High School Musical. I actually cried. Funny-I'm not much of a crier, until I get to watch my children do something, then I'm just a mess.
Anyway, we checked O out early from school, and headed over to Chili Fest on Main Street. They were serving chili and hot dogs for lunch. O and M opted for hot dogs only, but E, our newly adventurous eater, wanted chili. I truly could just eat her cuteness up in this picture, right along with the chili, couldn't you?
Anyway, the chili was pretty spicy, and Drew and I both partook of the cuisine pretty heavily. So, tonight I had a gathering at a friend's house, and Drew had big plans to do fun things with our girls. But he came home feeling queasy. So, in the middle of my cooking my gourmet appetizers, (Autumn Pumpkin Tureen recipe to follow), Drew starts going down fast, and thinking he's going to vomit. Let me backstory for you here. Last weekend, we stayed with some friends who had the stomach bug all week. By Friday, they all seemed clear, so we stayed with them. We didn't escape the bug. M vomited most of the 2 hr ride home, then O was up all night vomiting. Drew, E and I never got it. Wouldn't you think we'd be past it not? Guess not.
By the time I arrived at the party (of course I went to the party, wouldn't you? I didn't want to be around my husband when he's sick!) Drew texted me that he had finally thrown up. I got home a short while ago to find a towel folded up in front of the toilet, I guess to cushion his knees while he vomits. Alright, I may not get wife of the year, but I plan to pamper him tomorrow, okay Nana?
Not sure if it's the same old virus from earlier this week, or the chili, but I'm hoping it escapes me and E!

2 comments:

hab3140 said...

I can't say I didn't warn ya, but it is a BAAAAAAD bug! I am so sorry ya'll got it! I am even more sad that Drew had a big bowl of chili before it! :) That sounds gross.

Blake said...

Chili like that makes for good bubble baths later on too!