CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sleepy Sundays

Years ago, Drew and I called Sundays, "SS." I won't tell you what it meant then, but it means something totally different now with kids! We always try to rest on Sundays, though, even with the 3 children. However, although M always naps, the other 2 almost never do. They end up settling in watching a movie while Drew and I try to snatch a quick nap in here and there. It's not super restful.
However-I must say, today, a miracle happened. After an exhausting weekend, all of the kids fell asleep today! I ran by the grocery store, and by the time I got home, Drew and all 3 children were asleep. My house was completely quiet, and we all napped for a solid 2 hours. Ahhhhh..what bliss. After we all woke up, we all 5 hung out in our bed for awhile. This was also special. We talked about a lot of things, but I have to share this comment from E.
I said, "A quiet house with everyone napping is heaven." E looks at me and says, "AND heaven has jewels on it fence." Yes, it does, E, yes it does.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You ain't foolin' me---I remember what "SS" means!! Yep, kinda difficult for Lee to follow me around all Sunday with 2 kids following me around! : )

The Love's said...

Hilarious! I forget you were there for those "childless" days!
Drew cannot believe I put that on our blog!

Carley said...

SS means Sunday school, right?:0