CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Scooby Dooby Doo

As many of you know, Drew and I are really big nerds when it comes to dressing up for Halloween. At our church in Birmingham, we always dressed to try to win the adult costume contest. Drew has been undefeated, for Peter Pan and for the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz. Though some of you may have "macho men" who wouldn't dare dress up, I love my adventurous husband. This means at almost every birthday party for the girls, we can always count on some creative dressup from Daddy. Who wouldn't want a daddy like that? I love that about Drew.
This year, our new church in Tupelo had "Trunk or Treat." Although there was no adult costume contest, Drew and I just had to pull out all of the stops for, I must admit, our own self-gratification. What other chance during the year do you have to be someone else? So, we decorated the mini-van like the Mystery Machine, and dressed up like Scooby Doo characters. The van didn't turn out as bright as we hoped.(We ran out of paint-spray chalk, totally washable, by the way). But our costumes turned out PERFECT, I thought, and I got it all for less than $20 at the thrift store. We recruited another couple (of suckers!) to be Velma and Shaggy, and we were Daphne and Fred. Thanks Valerie and Michael! We owe you!
I think we made a fine group. Its been rumoured that because of our "over the top dressing up," there may be an adult costume contest next year. We welcome any and all suggestions for next year!


Queen E and Monarch Butterfly O.

M (my little strawberry!) after 3 suckers, 2 bags of M and M's, and still wanting more. Sugar can make a monster out of some of us.

5 comments:

Heather said...

You look just like Daphne and Fred. That is too cute!! & lots of fun. Many thanks to Coach Drew for a wonderful fall soccer season!! Happy Halloween!!

Bethany Edgeworth said...

This is great! You guys look like the real deal...btw, it took me several looks to realize that the baby was in the first pic of you two. Good job hiding her for the pic!

Kelly said...

LOVE the picture on M. Looks like one of my kids on any given day! : )

Jackamo said...

LOVE IT! This might even top the Peter Pan and Tinkerbell costume! Well, I don't know. Those tights were wicked awesome...

Blake said...

Seeing Drew in an ascot tie made my day. But now you have to serve up the pictures from Halloweens past.