CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

E is 5!!!


Yep, my little cowgirl is 5 years old! For 2 years in a row now, her parties have been all about horses. I'm not sure what the craze is all about, but it's just something she's latched onto and I haven't discouraged it. It seems to be a healthy obsession, at least!

We took a group of kids to Circle Y Ranch on Saturday. It ended up being 18 kids in all, so I was pretty much a nervous wreck all day. I was so afraid I was going to lose a child! The place was incredible. It had ponies to ride, a pony cart, a real, miniature train, and a petting zoo. It also had a fabulous playground. E didn't even hit the playground, she just went around in the animal pen, holding chickens and petting goats. She is truly an animal lover. I love her fearless nature. She is never hesitant to completely enjoy a new experience. She is my child that exhibits joy all over her face when she's happy. It's truly contagious to be around her at those times. This was one of those days. She kept saying, "this is the BEST day of my life. The BEST ever, mom. Just the GREATEST." Those are sweet words for a mother to hear! It probably had to do with the new American Girl doll Mimi gave her, and the horse Drew and I gave her to go with it. Like I said, she's bonkers about horses!
The car Drew was driving fell asleep on the way home. I think that's the sign of a great party.
Happy birthday E-boo. I am so glad you were born.


3 comments:

Jackamo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY E!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. I really can't. Does that mean that C is that close to being 5?? No. I refuse to accept that. Oh my! 5!! Happy, happy birthday E! Sweet E! I miss her. Give her a birthday hug for me and for the friends she left behind. Sigh...

Heather said...

meri alan had sooo much fun!!! happy bday, e!! you're a sweet friend. :)

Heather said...

i forgot to comment on that beautiful POSE E is striking in her pic!! love it!